Cookies are for sharing!

Once upon a time (2018-2020), I baked through Dorie’s Cookies to get numb from all the turmoil in the world, particularly right here in America. It started with world peace cookies and I fell in love and kept going. Unfortunately, as most of us know, cookies can only go so far for getting numb and protesting the governmen- but it was something to do and a goal to achieve. BUT there was a happy accident! A nice side effect of baking through an entire cookbook of cookies is that most people really like cookies, and people like to receive cookies as gifts- in the mail, hand delivered, in person- however/wherever. Cookies make people happy, so I baked them all and shared most of them! There’s no other way.


The pecan butterscotch shortbreads were very good, crumbly to bite, well rounded flavor, not too sweet. The dough freezes well, and you just pop them in the oven at will. For these, I rolled the dough and cut them and froze them on the cookie sheet until frozen and toss them in a bag. Easy! Convenient! I mailed these to my Aunt Jan.



The coco almond thumbprints were very good, but the ganache made for a more difficult storage/sharing situation. You have to eat these quick, and you have to hand deliver these. I brought these to my office.



Comments

  1. Fantastic cookie story. I am glad that you are baking, sharing, and putting smiles on faces. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baking a Bakewell Is Swell!

Rustic Eleganza

Hiking Muffins