Hiking Muffins




 Tuesdays with Dorie continues and this week, I made these grain and seed muffins from her new cookbook, Baking with Dorie. This is a mix of a bunch of healthy grains and seeds and dried fruit. This is a muffin Dorie said you could take on a hike. I’m not really a bran muffin person, I don’t particularly love “healthy” baked goods, but I’m open to try anything, and Dorie knows how to make things taste good- I’ve been surprised before! Well, I split one with my 8 year old son who is not afraid of trying new things, and we decided it would be nice to share the rest with my aunt who loves bran muffins and healthy things and she loved them! 

Full disclosure: I used (golden) raisins instead of cranberries, but Dorie said I could! (Also, I thought I had flax seeds but didn’t, so I added black sesame in addition to white). 


#doriegreenspan #bakingwithdorie #tuesdayswithdorie 

Comments

  1. They look great and glad your aunt loved them. My husband enjoyed these more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't these so good? Yours look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a good tasting healthy muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.I was going to make these too, but it was funny how I realized I didn't have half the things so it would literally have been a totally different muffin and maybe not nearly as healthy :)

    looking good! Great for healthy breakfasts :)

    ~Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes these were healthy. We enjoyed them with jam.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baking a Bakewell Is Swell!

Rustic Eleganza