Butter with a Hint of Cornbread


 This week-actually a couple weeks ago but I forgot to post- I made “whip it up quick cornbread” from Baking with Dorie. This is a simple, easy, quick recipe. I added in some scallions and bacon- frying the bacon in the skillet before putting in the bread. This was not how Dorie said to do it, so I take full responsibility in the overly bacon flavor of the whole thing. I know bacon flavor sounds good to some people- to me, it was too smoky and overpowered the whole thing. Live and learn! Anyway, I slathered it in too much butter, which I tend to do sometimes, and I served it with cast iron oven fried chicken from americas test kitchen (so good and easy!) and a salad(also good and easy!). 


#bakingwithdorie #doriegreenspan #tuesdayswithdorie

Comments

  1. So bad that you are not a bacon fan like me, but as you said: Live and learn, you can't discuss tase

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baking a Bakewell Is Swell!

Rustic Eleganza

Hiking Muffins